Mailing Address

Thanks for the letters and care packages, especially to my lovely wife, sister in law Chela, my sister April, my aunt Pattie, my cousin Meghan, Champs hair Salon and the Corriveau family. You're the best!! towens20@cox.net















































































































Thursday, March 17, 2011

March 18

I'm coming on shift and my stomach still feels funny from the hamburger I ate at the St. Patty Day barbecue we had at the ATOC (air terminal operations center) for the entire terminal. I give it an A for effort, people really tried hard to spruce up the party but a D in food quality. Once again it wasn't barbecued, they just got it from the DFAC. They should've just called it a fatburger, if I wasn't so hungry I would've stopped eating it. No lettuce, tomato, onion, or cheese, just the meat bun mayo and mustard. The chicken was all thigh meat, the peanut butter cookie was good. I didn't want to stay long, I had things to do. Most people just stayed huddled with the groups they work with. No worrys, not too worried about my social status within the unit, some people do care about that, which is pretty funny. I just saw Christian shotgun a near-beer, insane...
Speaking of Christian, he was 25 inutes late. Due to several people being late the last two weeks I instituted a new rule where if a person is late, an on-call person has to come in early, so if you cared for your co-workers, you definitely would not want to be late. I was walking to work earlier and I was thinking, "I gotta feeling someone is going to be late." So of course it's Christian. The only person on call is sergeant Wright, who I have a real good relationship with. This stinks! Wright did nothing wrong (rhymes)but if I let this slide, I will lose all credibility. So he calls and I have to tell him the bad news, of course he's quiet on the other line. I tell him I'm sure there are things he can find Christian to do, sorry, but I have to follow through on what I had emailed to the crew, that being late will not be tolerated. He came in. I go eat, come back and hear those two pass each other by outside the door, they mumble something to each other.
I'm glad I didn't cave in, I always preach to my kids back home that when I do discipline with them I am fair and consistent, I couldn't go against what I say when dealing with adults. I'm sure Christian will be moody for a day or two, then get over it...hey it's not my fault you're late.
I got my first care package from one of my students Russell. It was great, two boxes of sprees and two starbursts, plus a long letter from him. Great kid, a little quiet (which isn't a bad thing haha)and loves football like me. He wrote he is staying at Combs. I would've loved to coach him but since he will be at Combs that will not happen. He is what they need there, a kid who works hard and is respectfull. I gotta write him and my sister and niece and nephew. I'll be busy tonight
i start phase II of P90X today, I'm scar'd. A lot of pain and sweat ahead, the last week has been recovery week, just doing core, yoga, and stretch X. It just gotta do it, no excuses! They do say that you see huge gains from phase I to phase II so hopefully

No comments:

Post a Comment