Mailing Address

Thanks for the letters and care packages, especially to my lovely wife, sister in law Chela, my sister April, my aunt Pattie, my cousin Meghan, Champs hair Salon and the Corriveau family. You're the best!! towens20@cox.net















































































































Sunday, March 20, 2011

March 21

I just found out someone in my facebook friends removed me as a friend. I was curious that I hadn’t seen comments from this individual for a long time so I look and his name is gone. Wow. I can look at this several ways. One is that it is true, we really aren’t friends anymore so why pretend to be, there became a point and time where the trust factor was gone, but not as harsh to say we were enemies or anything. I had noticed he avoided eye contact whenever we all had to meet, which at the time I didn’t care because I had lost respect for him. At this point I wouldn’t have been surprised at all by the removed friend action. But what’s interesting is this person went out of his way to talk to me twice in the month before the end of the year, asked me about work, what was going on with Iraq. Then I look and he’s not on my friend list. Why even talk to me, just continue the silent treatment. Facebook can be weird, for the most part it is great, but it has created a whole different set of rules when it comes to interacting with people, I’m sure sociology professors are having field days with facebook.
I cannot wait until the day comes where my situation is ideal in my civilian career profession. It has not been ideal for years, yet I still would go to work every day “bringing it” 110%. I have too much pride not to do that. Hopefully when I get back I can get into a situation where it is ideal.
I’m worried what’s going on in Libya. Could it turn into another Iraq? There are a few basic similarities. Part of me says no, I do not know a whole lot, but from what I do know there is not a situation where there are different ethnic groups or religious sects in place that are uneasy with each other like how Iraq has with the Sunni’s and Shiite’s, along with the Kurds. Libya has definitely been in the history books, having long been an Italian colony subjected to horrible atrocities by the Fascist leader Mussolini before WWII. So far the U.S. says we will not deploy ground troops there. A few people in the section have brought up a possibility that if we do deploy troops, we may have to go. Pure speculation, but who knows. If we land people there, we obviously are going to need an aerial port. It’s either us or Ramstein Germany that are the closest. It is not that difficult to create an aerial port overnight either, we have trained on it a few times, you just need some kind of runway and you can build it. That would be terrible, we would be in tents, MRE’s, no porta-potty’s or showers, pure expeditionary style, plus very hot and dangerous. I’m just praying our fighter planes can wipe Khadafi’s forces out or the rebels can, one of the two.
There just seems to be a lot of suffering in the world going on right now. Sometimes one wonders how God could allow all of these things to happen. God has tested man since the beginning of time, as evidenced in the book of Job where he loses everything, despite being an obedient servant to the lord. I guess when we are all gone to be with the lord all of it will be explained where we will say, “oh ya, I get it now.” But right now I see all these events going on with great human suffering and it is very depressing, makes me not want to even look up at the t.v. screen when I go to the D-fac.
I promise to get more pics on here, my new camera should be coming any day now. I think Mohr will be taking over as the new Safety NCO so she will have a letter granting her permission to take pictures on the flight line. As long as she’s around, I can shoot away!

No comments:

Post a Comment