Mailing Address

Thanks for the letters and care packages, especially to my lovely wife, sister in law Chela, my sister April, my aunt Pattie, my cousin Meghan, Champs hair Salon and the Corriveau family. You're the best!! towens20@cox.net















































































































Saturday, May 28, 2011

5/29


Man I feel miserable. My eyes are so irritated, I can barely focus. I've been have the worst case of alergies the last few days, yesterday I was real sensitive to sunlight and was feeling light-headed. I really may have to break down and go to sick call. Anderson bought me some generic benedryl but it didn't do any good.
I had to move out of my CHU yesterday, wierd, I actually felt a little sentimental. It was not a fun process because it was about 108 outside and I had to lug my gorilla box to the post office to ship it out. Wow, good thing I wasn't trying to ship out drugs or guns, they opened it up and inspected everything. It was rough moving all my bags to the temporary tents. The tents actually aren't bad, they are partitioned off and have a wall locker, plus the AC was so cold I'm going to need an extra blanket. Still it was loud over there, you could hear the Iraqi firing range and the planes landing.
Something very sad and humorous just happened, I was given a package, it looked like a DVD case. I open it and there is 1 baggage tag held by cardboard, followed by an invoice. I thought, is this a prank, I looked at the invoice and what do you know, it said 1 baggage tag. I looked at the cost of shipping, it said $1.71 Are you flipping kidding me, they sent me 1 baggage tag. Normally, in order to have enough baggage tags, individuals working at the passenger terminalcan order 1,000 baggage tags per month through the AF Portal. I must have made a mistake and accidentally put 1 instead of 1,000. You mean to tell me that noone did a QC and saw I made this boo-boo, they just went and shipped it off. I had to take a picture of it, so stupid! It just goes to show you in the age of automation, mistakes can be made that could nickel and dime the taxpayers.
It's almost 11am, I still feel miserable, I went to go see the doctor, gave me some Claritin, I have never felt like this with allergies, I just need to go to bed and close me eyes....this country is killing me, literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment