Mailing Address

Thanks for the letters and care packages, especially to my lovely wife, sister in law Chela, my sister April, my aunt Pattie, my cousin Meghan, Champs hair Salon and the Corriveau family. You're the best!! towens20@cox.net















































































































Sunday, May 8, 2011

5/9

The March guys are officially gone, the four I came here with are the only ones letf from March. It's wild how different it feels now from when they were here, much less tension, like a huge weight has been lifted. This is how a deployment should feel with the relative workload we have. Like sergeant "Vulcan" had said, "It's like some of these people want to act like you need a doctorates degree in Aerial porting to accomplish the mission....so much bitching, whining, and complaining." Oh well, it is what it is, it's not like I have to worry about it again since this is my one and only deployment (at least in my opinion)regardless of the past, I pray for their safe return to March, and overall as a group, they can be proud of the effort they put in over here.
I finally got to go to Chaplin service, it was cool. They had a few guys playing instruments and singing, songs I recognized. The message was unusually short (20 min) and sort of vague, but with it being military, it did not surprise me. It was from Luke 24, I'll have to go back and re-read that, see what my study notes say in my ipad bible. It was a good break, hopefully with our increased manpower, I will get to go every week.
I went out tonight to wait for the C-17, out of the corner of my eye I saw a bright flash. I said to one of the guys, "wow, lightning on such a clear day?" The said, "that came from the ground, not the sky" Wow, that was a big explosion. And what do you know, it came right from the direction of Baghdad.
I heard John Mccain is coming out tomorrow, but it will be on the other shift. Too bad, I'd love to meet the guy but not to sacrifice sleep in order to do it

No comments:

Post a Comment