Mailing Address

Thanks for the letters and care packages, especially to my lovely wife, sister in law Chela, my sister April, my aunt Pattie, my cousin Meghan, Champs hair Salon and the Corriveau family. You're the best!! towens20@cox.net















































































































Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Osama Bin Laden

I wish I would've wrote this as soon as it happened, cuz then it wouldn't have sounded like I jumped on the facebook bandwagon. First people were frothing at the mouth, then they were saying it's wrong to fight hate with hate. here's what I was feeling...
When I first saw it on t.v. I thought it said Obama is dead, i said "what??" but I thought they wouldn't put a simple statement like that on CNN, then I saw and I wanted to jump out of my seat with joy. Anyone that is in the military can share the intense frustration and anger that he has not been found in 10 yrs. He's is radical Islam's Adolph Hitler, a genius that could've done so much good for society if he would've gone down the right path. But they both took fear and hatred and used them to gain power, which is the very essence of evil. His disciples have not played by the law of armed conflict, yet we are supposed to yield to this higher standard. But after I felt this huge sense of relief I immediately thought, "I wish he would've been captured." One, so he could be held accountable but as a christian, I believe that Jesus said that none are worthy of eternal life without him, that all have sinned and "the wages of sin is death, but those that believe in him should not perish but have everlasting life", and it we would simple, repent and have faith that he is our personal lord and savior, then anyone can be saved, you, me, Lindsey Lohan,Saddam Hussein, and yes, even Osama Bin Laden. Does being saved excuse you from crimes committed in society, certainly not, there are probably lots of people that are born again christians who are on death row or doing life in prison. the bible speaks often of obeying man's laws and we will be held accountable. Our life is like a blink of an eye in the timeline of the universe, what is your status for after you die? I don't know how anyone deployed to a war zone could not think of life, death, and what else is there after we die. Sadamm actually had his chance to make things right with the lord, he was captured and given a chance to repent to the lord before he was excecuted, but based on news reports, he was defiant and in denial until the bitter end. Bin Laden didn't have that chance, he should've held up his hands. His example goes to show to not wait to be right with the lord, you never know when your time is up. That's why I worry so much for my family and friends that they find the lord before it's too late. Like I said before in past entries, accepting the lord into your heart doesn't stop you from making mistakes, but it does change your life completely and see things in a whole new light. But I do understand that people were very happy to see him dead, he's caused a lot of pain and heartache. I just think, "Was there was ever a time in his life he could've taken a left instead of a right, became a christian instead of a Jihadi?", he could've been a powerfull crusader for god instead of an agent of evil. I guess that's what makes god so incredible, the power of free will, he doesn't really force us to do anything, he gives us a choice, and for good or bad, we have to live with them. I'll just keep praying for my family and friends that they will accept the lord in their lives, and pray that I will always fight to stay on the right path,and get right back on if I stray off.
Gotta go, laundry, Taco Bell (I know, a war zone and a taco bell, hey I don't make the rules!), read a little bit and sleep in!!!Day off!!!

1 comment:

  1. Amen Brother!!!! Perfectly Said!!!! Love You Tim!!! I Miss You & Am So Proud Of You!!!

    ReplyDelete