Mailing Address

Thanks for the letters and care packages, especially to my lovely wife, sister in law Chela, my sister April, my aunt Pattie, my cousin Meghan, Champs hair Salon and the Corriveau family. You're the best!! towens20@cox.net















































































































Monday, May 30, 2011

5/30

It feels like I'm swimming as I walk, that how humid it feels. It's a heat categary 5, I think thats the worst, something like 15 min of work followed by 45 min of rest, I may be wrong, I don't know. I have my last official day of work tonight, it's so awsome!!
I finally finished the P90X program, I'm definitely proud of this because I did it without a workout partner and working 75 hrs a week. i lost 16 lbs, wish I lost more but I feel great, I feel at least 10 yrs younger. Now I'm going to give the INSANITY workouts a spin, they look very tough, Sean T might be gay but he is in incredible shape and he gets on you to keep up. I'm about to do my first one in 10 minutes, I'm scared!!
it's now official, the plane lands in Ontario June 9th at 155pm. It's almost a reality, but first thing is first and that is to get the wheels up on the C-130 off Sather friday. I'm starting to rethink whether we should continue with the drawdown, now I say yes. Before I said no, we have too much to lose. Just reading the news I have on it, I think the people in general want us out so bad now, the Iraqi's, there will be so much friction among the general Iraqi population and definitely increased violence. I worry about my comrads we leave behind. There is talk about Iran possibly invading, but seriously, has there been any intel on this, i haven't read anything on it, it's pretty much theoretical. You can't even come close to comparing the end to the end in the Vietnam War, we knew the North was the enemy, that they would overtake the country the second we left. Let's give them a chance to make it on there own, I just feel with what I have seen with the big money here, the many contractors, there is much more to this then protecting a infant-like democracy. Yes, my opinion has changed, yet no matter what I think now, I just know without a doubt that we are going to stay, Factions of both Sunni and Shia are going to be pissed, and this base is going to regress 7-8 yrs in the gains it's made on maintaining local security. Mark my words, it's going to happen, but I just want to be on record saying we should continue with our drawdown and don't look in the rea-view mirror!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on successfully completing your P90X program! Sounds very intense and quite an accomplishment. What a huge adjustment it was to adapt to the different climate and culture. Although I may not fully understand the military mission I do appreciate the tremendous effort and sacrifices made by our military service people like you. I can relate to physical exercise being an excellent outlet for stress management and fitness development. Although I am a little familiar with INSANITY program I don't think I am up to the challenge as of yet. Who knows, your results may inspire me.

    ReplyDelete