Mailing Address

Thanks for the letters and care packages, especially to my lovely wife, sister in law Chela, my sister April, my aunt Pattie, my cousin Meghan, Champs hair Salon and the Corriveau family. You're the best!! towens20@cox.net















































































































Monday, April 11, 2011

4/11


If your interested in working as an overseas contractor, pay attention, I now have a connection here! Honeywell is a big employer over here and is about to finalize a huge contract in Afghanistan. Go to Honeywell.com click create a profile, post your resume,send me a copy of it and your cell number I will give it to a guy named Devon Joiner, he just started working here, he is our contractor coordinator, he makes sure the contractors are cleared to fly on our planes, cool Kat. He gets boneuses for recruiting guys and gals over here. They will train you to do the job, no real experience needed, tons of different types of jobs. i have told you about the overstocking of contractors over here, that are eventually sapping tax money because the government gives these companies their money. It may seem like I'm being a hypocrite, but I view it like this: Just because i don't refer people to jobs is in no way going to stop them from what they are doing. They are not going anywhere and they will get people in these positions, so why not get my friend or family. The money and benefits are incredible but you just have to go through what i've gone through the last two months so if you can handle that, it's a great opportunity. Let me know

Got a great boost today, three care boxes from Champs Salon. It was outstanding!! Good jerkey, protein bars, trail mix, cookies, more cookies, of course sprees, crackers, pistachios, double oreos. I just can't say enough how cool it was. A ton of stuff, I'll only be able to eat so much, the guys will love it, shawna was already frothing at the site of the oreos. So you might be saying Champs salon, where's that? I use to work there, seriously. For some that don't know yes I use to cut hair, wierd huh? It seems kindof strange now but it was part of who I use to be, from 1992-2006 full time. Got in through family connections, my uncle robert owned a few salons in Flagstaff. To this day Champs is one of the best places I worked, and Don is by far the best boss I ever had. I just never made that much money, nobody's fault except my own. Cutting hair is a wierd gig, it's like the world of acting. You have a lot of actors and actreses, many are good, but it doesn't mean your making a lot of money. Only the truelly elite in acting are making the big bucks, same is true with hair. I peaked in 1997, I made then what I do today as a teacher. But I self-employed so I spent money into my business and of course I blew a lot having fun, didn't save very well. I had to switch locations twice in an 18 month period, bdestroyed my clientelle, I came to champs in 2000, built it up but never to the point it used to be. I used to think early on I could be the next great thing, but deep down I know I was fooling myself, I just wasn't fully into the mental makeup of being in that business. I honestly did not love it, i got in as a business move. Part of being an elite hairstylist is you have to be an entertainer, like a talk show host. Everything you say has to be perfect timing and perfect meaning. Funny, you would think it would all be technique and skill. I would watch my champs co-worker J.T. and just marvel at how everything she said came out perfectly timed, worded, voice fluctuation. she would never miss a beat, and she could change the tone from person to person, from business worker, to college student, to trailer park central. haha I thought, she's got IT. That's what I loved about Champs, everybody there had IT! I did not, but I was perfectly comfortable with that, which is why I was going to school all the time. Honestly,I didn't really like talking to my customers, I did because I had to, but I used to love to cut hair and daydream without saying a work. It's funny how I could do that and have my work come out the way the customer wanted it. anyways, I had great times at Champs, with the exception of always trying to get ahead, It was a very stressfree job, lots of laughs, great christmas parties, and it's great they still think of me over there. Thanks Champs!

2 comments:

  1. So glad that you got it, was concerned that I might have filled out the forms wrong, strange address and all...

    I hope that you and your fellow comrades enjoy!

    Please know, Tim, that you are always in our hearts and on our minds, be safe, take care and thanks for your service! Much love, j

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippie it arrived safe and sound :) Enjoy it really was our treat to put it all together for you and your comrades!
    Your always be a part of our family at Champs and I am very proud of where your life has gone, remember this...Not matter what you do, do it to the best of your ability :) Maybe you should be a writer? ♥ love ya! Carolee

    ReplyDelete