Mailing Address

Thanks for the letters and care packages, especially to my lovely wife, sister in law Chela, my sister April, my aunt Pattie, my cousin Meghan, Champs hair Salon and the Corriveau family. You're the best!! towens20@cox.net















































































































Sunday, April 17, 2011

4/17

We had a bunch of congressmen leaving on the plane today. It was funny, I looked at the manifest and looked at the names and I saw a John Boehner. I thought, that looks like the name of the speaker of the house, i double-checked on google to make sure his first name was John and it is. Wow, that was cool. I then looked at an article about him I clicked it on and it is a news article about how he was out here
http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/meast/04/16/iraq.boehner.visit/
Basically he was out here asking the Prime minister point blank, "Does your country need our help after Dec. 31st?" Thank god the prime minister said no. They wanted a PAX rep out at the plane so I volunteered. I was hoping maybe get close enough to shake his hand get a picture. Well, I got about 10 yds away, he initially did a photo shoot next to some helos, it was funny he actually had some IBA on. He then walked off to the Glass house, then came back out 20 minutes later, he had a lot of people next to him, no such luck to talk to him. We did have to build up their baggage pallet, he had about 5 bags with his name on them. It was cool. I do like him in that he doesn't take garbage from anyone, kindof a tough guy, but he is a little too conservative for my tastes when it comes to reform of any kind. But his general makeup, he breaks the spoiled, pompous, politician mold.
I have the dreaded clickers tonight, 2000-2300. I'm getting tired just thinking of it. Worse off is I have an assignment for SEI-45 due tomorrow and I'm a little stumped on how to do it. Luckily it is a class where we get grade a 1,2, or 3. 2, or 3 are fine, if you get a 1 she will send it back with suggestions for revision. so i can at least give it a shot and know I can still fix it. I shouldn't let it stress me out but I naturally do that when it comes to school. I went drama-free for like three days and then it started up last night. I should know better that that is the pattern and it's not changin, I mean I told you guys the pattern about 7 weeks ago didn't I?
Oh well, the sun will definitely rise, life will go on, and six weeks from now this will all be ancient history

1 comment:

  1. the six weeks will go fast, can't wait till you make it back...take care and stay positive, you are missed...and please let us know when you get back in AZ, j

    ReplyDelete