Mailing Address

Thanks for the letters and care packages, especially to my lovely wife, sister in law Chela, my sister April, my aunt Pattie, my cousin Meghan, Champs hair Salon and the Corriveau family. You're the best!! towens20@cox.net















































































































Monday, April 4, 2011

April 4th

I have noticed a lot of new people around base the last few days. I didn’t even realize many people had left. Sometimes you do see familiar faces go through the X-ray but then they come back. Funny to think this constant turnover has been never-ending here for the last seven years. There is a security forces sergeant, female. Not trying to be mean but she is very overweight-almost to the point of morbidly obese. I simply cannot believe that she was allowed to deploy being that overweight. I know there must be many other people that think that. Especially with her being security forces, how is she going to move if we get attacked? Things that make you go hmmmmmm? Remember that cheesy song from C&C music factory?
It’s crazy how logistics works over here, it’s not very efficient in term of cost-effectiveness but with our efforts needed in both Iraq and Afghanistan, it’s tricky. For example, our outgoing McGuire guys (the problem child’s) were officially finished with duty on Friday, yet their plane doesn’t leave until this Thursday and they do not leave Al Udeid until Saturday. That’s eight days these guys get paid to basically do nothing. About roughly $600 a guy times 24 you do the math. Can this be prevented, I don’t think so. Our planes are being taxed to the limit, going all over the place. I just think, “a little here, a little there” it all adds up. A lot of taxpayer money. At least Gates said we wouldn’t send troops to Libya “on his watch.” Hope his “watch” has the correct time!
Started my online course, it’s going to keep me pretty busy during my shift which is good, better to knock it out over here so I can relax when I return. I might not be able to write in here much, we’ll see.
I saw a group of Army guys go through the X-ray, they looked dirty, beat up and tired. I wonder what mission they had to endure?

No comments:

Post a Comment