Mailing Address

Thanks for the letters and care packages, especially to my lovely wife, sister in law Chela, my sister April, my aunt Pattie, my cousin Meghan, Champs hair Salon and the Corriveau family. You're the best!! towens20@cox.net















































































































Tuesday, April 19, 2011

4/20

Well, it's 5:10 and I have not been written up yet. I may be out of the clear. Yesterday I was going around with the fire department for our quarterly inspection between 10-11:15. It had been a slow morning so we did have some flights coming up but they seemed routine. I finished up and was working on a few issues that came up by email, I thought our crew had a hold of the issue. The, right when we are getting off I hear of a C-17 going to Bagram (very wierd, we never get planes going to Afghanistan, only Iraq and Saudi Arabia)where they people that got off, their bags are still on the plane and its about to take off. Damn! How did this happen? Before I know it we are taking the pax to the plane so they can i.d their bags, now we got to find them on the baggage pallet on the plane. It was a cluster, it took way too long, we all looked like idiots. my heads spinning, I really don't know how this happened, I was doing the fire drill. So I have the DO motion me to the break room, Oh great, I'm going to get cussed out. Yep, I was right I did. It was embarrassing and frustrating but I didn't say a word and let him vent, after awhile, I told him about the fire drill and he said, "well you better go find out from your people what the #$^%#$ happened!" So I brought the guilty parties together, after trying to have them explain it I said forget it, I'm not going to remember all this info, I'm just going to have them explain it to the DO. They did, the DO explained how he instructed us where the pax bags were located on the radio, so my 10 AT driver admitted he did not hear that. I spent the afternoon mulling over what went wrong and I discovered even though I was busy, I should have took the radio so I could hear how it developed, so I wasn't totally off the hook.
I discussed with them at shift brief a bunch of things I thought about during the afternoon, man if it isn't one thing it's another. Please lord, get me through just a little while longer without someone screwing something up. It's frustrating, just when you think you got a handle on the dynamics of our missions, there's a new twist. Hopefully my adjustments will work, but with the past crew, I would make adjustments and something in another area would pop up. It's now 5:43 and I still haven't been written up yet.....
I started watching an HBO series and I am so surprised how entertaining it is, it's called "Big Love", I know it sound like it could be something dirty but it is about the plights of a polygamist mormon family trying to keep their secret in Salt Lake City. Great acting, Bill Paxon, Chloe Sovenghy, and Jeanne Tripplehorn, great writing, lots of twists and turns, witty, funny. I've watched it the last two days and got hooked. No I don't believe in polygamy, and I do not believe in the doctrine of the LDS religion, but "Big Love" really takes me away from reality for an hour at a time. But I will need to start on the next section of my SEI-45 class by tomorrow. It's 5:51, I may get out unscathed

No comments:

Post a Comment