Mailing Address

Thanks for the letters and care packages, especially to my lovely wife, sister in law Chela, my sister April, my aunt Pattie, my cousin Meghan, Champs hair Salon and the Corriveau family. You're the best!! towens20@cox.net















































































































Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day of Rage?


We have not one flight on the schedule today. Why? The proposed "day of rage" that is suppossed to be an anti-government demonstration by the people of Iraq. They are following the example of what Egypt, Libyia and Bahrain have done recently. they say it shouldn't get that bad because the Iraqi President volunteered to cut his salary for the last month and give it to charity, so we are keeping our fingers crossed. I don't know if there will be retaliation on the base, It's a different clientelle, I think, not radical muslim in nature, but more of the poor, mainstream population that thinks their government is corrupt. i don't know, say a prayer for us over here today. One of my sergeants put it in perspective saying them hitting us at whatever exact location we are in is like throwing a grain of sand at something in an empty room and hitting dead-on

1 comment: