Mailing Address

Thanks for the letters and care packages, especially to my lovely wife, sister in law Chela, my sister April, my aunt Pattie, my cousin Meghan, Champs hair Salon and the Corriveau family. You're the best!! towens20@cox.net















































































































Tuesday, February 1, 2011

touchdown


We are finally about to takeoff on the c130. We are crammed in here literally
like a sardine, it's crazy. We are almost 6hours late leaving. I should real
annoyed, tired, or whatever but I'm not. The wife gave me a very good verse
about fear is not from the lord,that he will take care of everything. It's
crazy to think I am calm and not tired. I am a little worried about the pallets
they loaded on, it seems like a lot for such a small plane. But that's the job
of the loadmasters, to properly calculate the weight and reconfigure it so the
plane is balanced. We are riding in on a c130 because of maneuverability. To
be honest with you, the enemy loves to try to shoot down our planes, so we do
two things: keep the flight times top-secret, and do what is called a combat
landing, we will be going in at night so that will help. What does combat
landing look like? I'll tell you in about three hours, hopefully I don't become
a victim and puke! To think we flew in a c130 to Germany in 93 when I was in
the army national guard. At least we stopped each night instead of all the way
through. We were supposed to get in processed, get a little sleep, and report
for half of the shift at 600, but who knows now? It would be nice if they just
told us to show up at the start of our regular shift. Who knows, we're in a
war-zone, gotta just go with the flow. I took a few pictures but we are with a
lot of other airmen, most of who have been deployed before, so I didn't want to
look goofy, taking a bunch of pictures. I have four and a half months ahead of
me so plenty of time. Two things are key the next three hours, oh ya we made it
up in the air: to get through not drinking anything and to not have to go to
the bathroom. These planes are only equipped with a little hose-thing, I don't
know how the girls do it. I used the bathroom before I left, but I am thirsty
and I forgot to bring water. Problem is when you drink you eventually gotta go,
so wish me luck with all of this!...I think we are about halfway through the
flight and my butt is killing me!! The seats are web-net type and they are
awful. Can't move or do anything, just need to say a prayer so I can get this
off my mind.....yaaaa we landed safely, this is my home for the next four and a
half months.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tim,I just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you, your on my mind 24/7 and in my heart.I've been following the sather cronicles pretty cool except for today you defenitly had me on the edge of my seat until you landed!!!!!
    Today is Feb. 1st one year since my sugery it sure doesnt seem like a year, I'am truely blessed that everything tuned out the way it did!I've got to go to an appt. Tim you be alert n careful n don't forget the sun screen!! I love you MOM

    ReplyDelete