Mailing Address

Thanks for the letters and care packages, especially to my lovely wife, sister in law Chela, my sister April, my aunt Pattie, my cousin Meghan, Champs hair Salon and the Corriveau family. You're the best!! towens20@cox.net















































































































Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Feb. 22

Pretty good work day today, tension between the shifts is easing, I want to make it work and by their actions it seems they do as well. We still got a ways to go but any progress is good. I got my first care package today, it was awsome! Everything i've been needing....except the flippin camera cord! Gina put the wrong one in, but they are easy to confuse, I will have to show her on the videophone what the connection looks like. I got 3 months supply of sprees, chocolate truffles, tapitio sauce, and protein powder, plus some great cards from my wife and kids! I might need to buy a camera, even though I've taken pictures of just about everything here, which isn't a lot. It was good to work the dispatch even if it wasn't that busy. Coordinating flight schedules, answering phone, computer data input, some stuff I already knew some I didn't. We usually have just two people that know dispatch so even though i'm their supervisor, I'm not very competent at it. It's like at an auto shop where the cashier probably doesn't know a lot about cars. It's not that hard, fake it till you make it.
I'm taking a break from working out, part of the P90 plan, but I have gone two weeks straight so my knees are thanking me. I'm starting to notice changes, it's exciting but I want it to go quicker. Only lost about 5 lbs but I'm gaining muscle. It's a sad reality but after 35 men really do lose muscle mass. When I was in my 20's I use to have tree trunks for legs, now they're branches! hahaha Everything is getting better, strength, cardio, and flexibility. The gut is so slow to lose, that's what I get for quitting beer at 40 and not 30. But it's very exciting because I now know that i will never stop working out while I'm here, that would be suicide. Mentally and emotionally I need it like I need food.
There is not much that amuses me here but I have been able to conjure up two things. When i was younger I would think of random things and trip out or look at people and bemuse to my friends my interpretation of their reality, it would make for some good laughs. Do it much less as I've gotten older, but just to try to break up the monotony of this blog, here it goes:


Laundry Guy: This is a complex process that if you don't do it right you may not get your laundry back, I may or may not be joking. But the laundry service guy at the front counter is Haji and he looks just like the soup Nazi except he has shorter hair. Same scowl, except he doesn't yell, but he does take his job to a very intense level. if you never saw the soup Nazi episode of Seinfeld, just skip this blog, it won't be funny. There is a precise way you have to get to the counter, fill out one form, sign one, sign out the other, fill another form, it's laughable but i understand because there is no computers. He just has that scowl, and says, "sign here", "sign here", "no wrong space, here" i just want to laugh, I still haven't gotten the routine right. I just think, "no soup fo you.....next!"

Sergeant H: As I have previously mentioned, the terminal has many different agencies: Navy, Contractors, United nations, DOD, and Army. Army's got it made, they work 8 hr shifts, and they always say we're the wimps! Well there is one of the LNO's (liason officer)I'll just call her sergeant H. she's late 30's, Puerto Rican with the accent and all, and mean to the Army personnel that come to see her to get their 4 day pass and get out of this hell-hole for a few. She barks orders at them, herds them like cattle, they put up with it because they want to get on the plane. She's very nice to us, but she has one of the worst wondering eye disorders I have ever seen. It's like serious 45% angle. I'm not trying to make fun of her, but it is the biggest challenge to not focus on her eye when talking to her. It takes every ounce of effort to look at the eye looking straight at you and not the other one. i almost dread having to talk to her because i know what is going to transpire. I'm thinking, "don't look, don't look, she's going to think you're rude." It drives me crazy , does that sound mean? i'm sure people look at my thinning hairline and think the same thing, and i don't even notice it! hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment