Mailing Address

Thanks for the letters and care packages, especially to my lovely wife, sister in law Chela, my sister April, my aunt Pattie, my cousin Meghan, Champs hair Salon and the Corriveau family. You're the best!! towens20@cox.net















































































































Friday, February 18, 2011

Day Off II


Slept in, so awsome, I love sleep over her, it makes time go by faster. Talked to My wife and my mom. I feel real sad about my 4 yr old daughter Jenna, my wife says she is really acting up, defiant, not concentrating, just acting out of control. she thinks she is acting this way due to being gone. Then she says that with my two brother in laws Matt and Beto, and nephew in law Brendon, she's really clingy with them, just wants to be around them all the time. Obviously she is looking for that father figure since I am gone. It makes me want to cry, that I can't be there for her. But I need to put it in the back of my mind and continue to focus forward. I tell you, I'm going to have her near me every single second when I am back, making up for lost time. She just has to hang in there and so do I, Thank god she has such a great mom!
I also talked to Hatchett, my old Navy buddy, aka "Papa." We talked about the old navy days, usually he's so busy and always has to go fairly quick, but we talked a good half hour. We talked about some old navy buds but he had me in tears when we brought up some old things we had to do on the ship, tears because i was laughing so flipping hard. You wouldn't get it unless you served, so i'm not even going to explain. The navy had all these stupid procedures of etiquette that you had to do, traditions, some were so goofy, they probably had more of that stuff then any of the branches of service combined. It was good to laugh like that, it has been too long.

I'm on my way to breakfast and I hear the big voice say, "all clear!" That's not good at all, that can only mean we've been attacked. why didn't I hear anything before? I eat and noone is acting like we have been attacked, then I go to the terminal to get some pics from Mohr and I see a black haze on the horizon, I'm thinking "was there an accident on the flightline?" I see Nelson and he said we had gotten attacked, our C-ram took out one of them but there was one that hit close to something important, WOW!!! I'd say what, but I don't need to give the jack-butts any tactical advantage, yes the enemy does use cyberspace as a battle-ground. Noone was hurt, the area was empty , but that was too flippin close!!! Honeymoon is over, three weeks without an attack well thats history. I just have to tell myself over and over that god is protecting me, that no matter what happens around me, I will be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment