Mailing Address

Thanks for the letters and care packages, especially to my lovely wife, sister in law Chela, my sister April, my aunt Pattie, my cousin Meghan, Champs hair Salon and the Corriveau family. You're the best!! towens20@cox.net















































































































Monday, February 7, 2011

Feb. 7



I'm trying to read this publication and I keep getting sidetracked, looking at espn, doing this blog, and im'ing my wife. There is this im thing through the air force portal, it's pretty cool, it definitely helps stay closer. If any of you like football there were two things I found very interesting. One is this video highlight of the number 1 high school football prospect in the country, he still doesnt know what college he'll attend http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/Jadeveon-Clowney-Highlights-3-890845 the other is about William "the Refrigerator" Perry, very sad story about the pitfalls of alcohol abuse http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=6091766 I don't think I mentioned our bathroom situation. We do not have bathrooms in any buildings on this base. They are called cadillacs, portable bathroom trailers. They work the same as other bathrooms but the problem is walking. If I want to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, it takes me about a 2 minute walk. It's a real pain. Especially when i go to take a shower and its cold out there. It's just another nuisance in an ever-increasing number.

I found out I cannot use my video phone in my room, the bandwith is too weak. The japanese computer tech at the MWR tent who hardly knows english did point me to the auditorium, saying it might work in there. He was right, it does. They have some desks lined on the side and near it is a switch. I plugged my ethernet cable and it works. So now I can use my video phone, and the auditorium is open 24 hrs a day. But now it is a pain because I have to walk about 7 minutes from my CHU to get to it, meaning I have to get up that much earlier to do it. If have found with this place it's a lot about improvising. It will be nice to see them live on video I must add.

May left yesterday, he didn't even say goodbye to the crew from what I heard. I saw his bad side on how he interacts with the crew when we had some issues about putting standby passengers on his plane. It was just negative, he talked down to them and he was stern, the problem was he had no reason to sound stern, we were just trying to sort through an issue. He was doing this to gillman, who just looked at me and rolled his eyes. There definitely is a better way of doing it, I remember there was a short period with one of my 8th grade classes where they kept disobeying the rules, and I had to ride them for a long period. I remember I could see they were starting to shut down becasue I was riding them so hard so I had them start their assignment.
The difference here was the kids were breaking the rules, we were just trying to make a decision on a mission. The guys said they are making a shirt that says, "I survived MAY-HEM." Now that is pretty funny. That's something he needs to work on, but I am not to judge, I have alot to work on myself. He did tell me there were things he should have done or said differently, so thats a start. I wish him the best but I'm sure the other guys wish him something else. Not much else to write about, except I start the P90X today. I'm scarrrrrrred. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment